TOVEX® WATER GEL EXPLOSIVES
Commercial explosives are proportionate mixtures and phases of chemical compounds in solid or liquid form. Detonation transforms the compounds into other products, mostly gaseous, shock wave & high temperature. This action is exothermic, producing heat that further expands the gases and causes them to exert enormous pressure in a blast hole in addition to produce a shock wave. The combination of these two effects (borehole pressure and detonation wave) breaks the rock surrounding a blast hole.
Tovex® Water Gel Explosives were developed by Du Pont in late 1960’s. These products were sanitized with MMAN (Mono-Methylamine Nitrate). Performance of Tovex ® Water Gel Explosives has been proven to be outstanding and the Products has gained wide acceptance by users.
Advantages of Tovex® Water Gel Explosives over dynamite are:
- Far safe to handle and to store in magazine as compared to dynamites.
- Better in controlling bore-hole density, powder factor.
- Better vibration and sound boom control
- Minimum risk of sympathetic detonation, which is maximum in dynamites.
- Much reduced smoke and toxic fumes, also user friendly in mines.
- Excellent intended performance, with cost effective blasting.
- Much flexibility in selection over a wide range of products.
- No detonation by 0.30 Cal. Bullet impact.
- Very Safe in case of fire. No explosion, just burn if un-heaped.
Biafo has wide range of Tovex® Water Gel Explosives
- Super Blaster
- Super Breaker
- Sesimic Explosive
- Coal Miner